"In one way or another, to one god or another, we humans have always prayed, whether we called it that or not. We are devoured by the need of something outside ourselves, something beyond our reach, something spiritual or supernatural, a place to run to, to feel, however slightly, that there is someone out there to cry to, someone who takes notice of our predicament. We long to escape the sense of crushing fate, the feeling that all things are fixed and unalterable. Yes, prayer is much more than a religious exercise. It is a human necessity."
Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something by Ronald Dunn
"When my husband Dave sustained a traumatic brain injury in a car accident 22 years ago, I soon learned how uncertain our future was. Control... well that was an illusion! I humbly fell to my knees in prayer and asked JESUS CHRIST to take the lead and to guide me. As a result, the most important relationship of my life developed. I started to experience a life that despite circumstances and struggles, was abundantly filled with peace... and hope... and joy.
This year, I invite you to join me. I want to pray with you! Always Stop And Pray starts every Wednesday at 11:00 AM on Google Meet. Please join me when possible to pray over our children, our families, and our future."
– Dr. Tania Stegen-Hanson
If you are interested in joining this group, email Dr. Tania Stegen-Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some of the topics that are prayed about and discussed within this weekly meeting:
- Thanks and praise for the gift of children.
- Teach us how to pray and guide us in what to pray about.
- Help us to love our children unconditionally the way God does and enable us to show it in a manner they can perceive. They feel loved and accepted.
- Help in knowing our children, learning about them, and observing them.
- Not to live in fear of possible dangers but rather live in joy and peace as we grow in knowledge that God is in control.
- Protection from any kind of harm or evil over our children's spirits, bodies, minds, and emotions.
- Give our children teachable spirits.
- Grant doctors, therapists, and teachers wisdom and full knowledge of the best way to proceed.
- Deliver our children from pride, selfishness, and rebellion.
- Help our children turn their hearts toward God and their parents and enable them to honor and obey their parents.
- Help our children have close, happy, loving, and fulfilling relationships between family members. That there may be effective communication between family members. May unforgiveness never take root in their hearts.
- Surround our children with loyal, wise friends who love well. Let them never experience the destruction that can happen by walking by foolish people.
- Connect everything in their brains for clarity of thought, organization, good memory, and strong learning ability.
- Let our children find favor with their teachers, therapists, and coaches and let them connect well with them.
This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the LORD. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, in an uninhabited salty land. But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit."